The Department of Sanitation seeks to accelerate sanitation by promoting cost effective, eco-friendly sanitation facilities, creating awareness through health education campaigns and generating effective sanitation policies.
Vision: To be the leading County in Provision of sustainable sanitation services
Mission: To create an enabling environment for investment in sanitation through prudent management of resources and formulation of appropriate public-private partnerships.
- Improve latrine coverage in both rural and urban areas on community led Total sanitation (CLTS)
- Improve rural and urban sanitation
- Construct public toilets in major markets
- Rehabilitate and construct sewer lines
- Promote school sanitation programmes
- Construct incinerators in health facilities
- Manage waste in both rural and urban areas
- Improvement of sanitation in county government Houses
- Waste management in both rural and urban areas
- Improvement of sanitation in county Government Houses.
Ministry of Housing and Sanitation Projects
- Renovation and refurbishment of 3 county residential houses out of 79 units
- The sanitation department has so far constructed six public toilets and trained 11 members from each ward on community Led Total sanitation (CLTs).
- The sanitation department installed hand washing facilities in 3 ECDs in each ward and conducted a sanitation survey in 52 markets in the county.