H.E. Kenneth Makelo Lusaka. E.B.S, C.B.S
OCCUPATION: Governor – Bungoma County
DATE OF BIRTH: 18th September 1963 (Age 52)
- Master of Arts in Policy and Administration, The International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) – The Hague
- Bachelors Degree in Political Science and History The University of Nairobi
- A Levels Friends School – Kamusinga
- Levels Kibabii High School
Governor Lusaka resigned as a Permanent Secretary in 2012, to make a debut in elective politics where he contested the Bungoma Gubernatorial seat during the 2013 General Elections.
This he was able to do through his well articulated, researched and development oriented policies that addressed the needs of the people of Bungoma through his Manifesto. On 4th of March 2013, he was resoundingly elected the first governor of Bungoma County.
Previously Hon. Lusaka had worked as a career civil servant rising the ranks from a humble District officer to a Permanent secretary in the Ministry of Livestock Development as illustrated below;
- 2009, Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Livestock.
- 2008, First Secretary of Provincial Administration in the Office of the President
- District Commissioner, Murang’a District
- District Commissioner, Marakwet District
- District Commissioner, Kajiado District.
- District Officer 1, Eldama Ravine
- District Officer, Homabay
- Kisumu District and charged with the affairs of Muhoroni Division.
- 1988, District Officer, former Keumbu Division in Kisii district.
To leave an indelible mark in terms of efficient public service delivery, create sustainable opportunities for all and a strong economy that will transform Bungoma in terms of governance, growth and wealth creation for both current and future generations.
County Government of Bungoma
P.O. Box 437 – 50200
Telephone: +254 055 2030343